Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: "The ACT! database cannot be found. Please contact your administrator for further assistance."

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Error: "The ACT! database cannot be found. Please contact your administrator for further assistance."

Following the recent problems with Outlook (https://community.act.com/t5/Act/act-integration-and-act-outlook-integration-has-stopped-working/m-p...) and installing Act! v19.2 Update 2 on Thursday, June 29th, I had to re-install Outlook to get the updates working again.

Now running Outlook 2016 16.0.8229.2073. All was working today until the ACT! add-in in Outlook stopped working:

• Attach to ACT! contacts - does nothing
  • Create ACT! contact - gives above error
  • Quick attach seems to work
  • Create ACT!activity works

However, sent emails are attaching to ACT.

Tried this: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27205/kw/quote but that didn't work.

Help would be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TZAL
‎07-04-2017 07:57 AM

Re: Error: "The ACT! database cannot be found. Please contact your administrator for further assistance."

Hi Tzal,

From my experience with this error message it is due to the Act address book becoming disconnect from Outlook, although it would normally result in all functions to stop working.

I would like to know if the database is stored locally on your PC or if it is on a server?

If it is installed on a server would you be able to take a copy the .pad file and paste it locally on your PC, Once this is done if you can go through the Email system setup but use the local .pad.

If you could let me know the result!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author TZAL
‎07-04-2017 07:57 AM

Re: Error: "The ACT! database cannot be found. Please contact your administrator for further assistance."

Hi Tzal,

From my experience with this error message it is due to the Act address book becoming disconnect from Outlook, although it would normally result in all functions to stop working.

I would like to know if the database is stored locally on your PC or if it is on a server?

If it is installed on a server would you be able to take a copy the .pad file and paste it locally on your PC, Once this is done if you can go through the Email system setup but use the local .pad.

If you could let me know the result!

Hi Horn

It is stored locally on our PC. Although I had tried going through the set-up yesterday to no effect, I had another go just now - this time removing the default/existing .pad file and adding the new/current one.

That worked! So solved. I

Many thanks indeed for your help!!