Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error "Resolution of the dependency failed..." when opening ACT! 2010

Error "Resolution of the dependency failed..." when opening ACT! 2010

[ Edited ]

Sure could use some help.   I receive this notice when I try to start up ACT! 2010 Pro.   Don't understand what it means or what to do.

Resolution of the dependency failed, type= "Act.U.ActApplication", name= "".Exception message is:  The current build operation  (build key Build Key [Act.UI.ActApplication,null] failded:

System.runtime.Serialization.SerializationException:Binary streem '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader.  Possible causes are invalid stream or object version changes between serialization and deseiralization. at system.Runtime.Seraiiiiiiiiiiiiialization.Formatters.Binary._BinaryParser.Run) at    it goes on for another 2 paragraphs.   What do I need to do?    Any help is much apreciated.   bob

[Edit: Subject changed to match topic]

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Error "Resolution of the dependency failed..." when opening ACT! 2010

[ Edited ]

Hmmm I think you need to start a new thread for that issue. It doesn't look related to this. In the mean time, try re-installing.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error "Resolution of the dependency failed..." when opening ACT! 2010

Hello bannoni,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. For this issue, please see the suggested solutions in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2586...

Most commonly, rebuilding preferences will resolve the issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.