Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: "Resolution of the dependency failed" when opening ACT! 2010

Error: "Resolution of the dependency failed" when opening ACT! 2010

[ Edited ]

Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: Access to the path 'C:\Users\W. Stuart Bale\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT For Windows 12\DependentDlls.xml' is denied. (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3)

The above error message came up when try to open my ACT 2010 not sure what this is...

[Edit: subject line edited to match topic]

Re: Error: "Resolution of the dependency failed" when opening ACT! 2010

I have the exact same message but with my name in place of yours.  This problem began immediately after I installed the "Update" from ACT.  It appears that the update renders the product useless.  I need a resolution to this or I'll have to uninstall ACT and re-install it from my disk.  I have my Contacts on a thumb drive backup but I'll lose about 100 newer contacts.  This is killing my business!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error: "Resolution of the dependency failed" when opening ACT! 2010

Hello Walter and Tony,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Here is an article with instructions for resolving the 'Resolution of the Dependency' message:  KB Article 25865

Since the message contains the 'Access Denied' statement, try running ACT! 'As Administrator' first.  To do this: right click on the ACT! icon > select 'Run As Administrator'.  If that does not resolve it, continue with the steps in the article.

Greg Martin
Sage