Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error -"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Error -"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I am using ACT! 2008 version 10.  I have a custom layout and I was making some design changes.  When I went to save the changes and error popped up say "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".  Now I cannot view my layout and if I choose another layout I cannot view my custom fields.  Help!

Re: Error -"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Hello Scot,

Are you able to save as a different name?  Can you check your DPI settings and make sure they're set to 96.  You can find step by step instructions in the KB article below.  You only need to follow the DPI Settings section.

Calendar View Shows All Mini Calendars

Hello David,  thank you for the response.  I changed the DPI settings and the error is now gone.  But now it says error loading the layout and I now cannot view my contact information in my custom layout.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Scot,

Try rebuilding your preferences file via the steps in this Knowledgebase article:

How To Rebuild ACT! Preferences Using the ACT! Diagnostics Utility

If the initial procedure in this article does not resolve, then use the secondary method listed at the bottom of the article (per KB article 22879)

Be aware that these processes will reset your ACT! preferences back to program defaults, so any custom preferences set up under Tools/Preferences will need to be redone.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

The Diagnostics Utility Failed to rebuild the preferences and then there wasn't a preferencesBakXML to rename, but I did find USpreferences206 and USpreferences206.xml.old and a few others.  Did I end up in the wrong place?

Thanks

Scot