Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error opening database

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Error opening database

[ Edited ]

I have four .rem databases on my office computer using ACT! version 10 on a PC running Windows XP. 

Up until today, all of them have worked fine.  None of them has a password.  Suddenly when I try to open the database, just one of them gives the error message "The database could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer." 

The others continue to work fine.  I disabled the firewall on my Norton 360 but that made no difference.  Can you suggest a fix?

Thanks.

Wayne

[Edit: subject line edited to accurately reflect topic]

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wayne8
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Password Problem

Hello Wayne,
If the other remotes on that machine are opening fine, then the issue may be with the .PAD file for the database giving the error. See this Knowledgebase article for instructions to replace the .PAD file:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2895...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wayne8
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Wayne,
If the other remotes on that machine are opening fine, then the issue may be with the .PAD file for the database giving the error. See this Knowledgebase article for instructions to replace the .PAD file:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2895...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks Greg! I appreciate your help.