Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message

Error message

A few days ago when I started my computer I had a 16 updates from MS and when I tried to open ACT I received a message that "ACT STOPPED WORKING". I am not sure if the MS updates was the cause of the problem however I was also prompted to submit the error message to ACT which I did however I never received a solution.

This is the details of the error which was listed in the detail box at he bottom of the "Submit Box".

I depend on my ACT program to run my business and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rocco J. Avellini

Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3) ---> Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildFailedException: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3) ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Protexis.֣' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: path1

at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)  

at Protexis.֣..cctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Protexis.֣.PsiGetInstallationCode(String szLicenseId, String szSerialNumber, StringBuilder szInstallationCode, Int16& psInstallationCodeLen)

at Act.ProtexisProvider.ProtexisProvider.GetMachineCode(String serialNumber)

at Act.ProtexisProvider.ProtexisProvider..ctor()

at Act.Shared.Licensing.LicenseManager..ctor()

at Act.Framework.ActFramework.get_LicenseManager()

at Act.UI.ActApplication.InitializeApplication()

at Act.UI.ActApplication..ctor(IUnityContainer container, IEventAggregator eventAggregator)

at BuildUp_Act.UI.ActApplication(IBuilderContext )

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodBuildPlan.BuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.Builder.BuildUp(IReadWriteLocator locator, ILifetimeContainer lifetime, IPolicyList policies, IStrategyChain strategies, Object buildKey, Object existing)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.Resolve(Type t, String name)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerBase.Resolve[T]()

at Act.Application.ActBootstrapper.ConfigureContainer()

at Act.Composite.UnityExtensions.SimpleUnityBootstrapper.Run(Boolean useDefaultConfiguration)

at Act.Application.Act.Main(String[] args)

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error message

Take a look at this article, it has steps for resolving the error 'Resolution of the Dependency' (contained within the error you provided):

Error: "Resolution of the dependency failed" or "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invoc...

Greg Martin
Sage