Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message when trying to restore backup

Tuned Listener

Error message when trying to restore backup

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

When i am trying to restore remote  database i am getting this error "

"Column names in each view or function must be unique .column name 'Department' in view or function 'FNR_CONTACT' is specified more than once." 

If anyone can help on this,whats going wrong.

Thanks In advance.

Message Edited by gmartin on 03-19-2010 05:36 AM

Re: Error message when trying to restore Remote Database

[ Edited ]

Hi

Getting the error message - Colum names in each view or function must be unique. Column name 'TITLE' in view or function 'FNR_CONTACT' is specified more than once. 

I have had this problem on my 2 newly created remote databases today, we upgraded from Act2009 for Workgroups to Act 2010  last weekend, everything seemed ok apart from differently laid out Opportunities section.

We have an Act support contract and when I rang them this afternoon they said they had not heard of this problem !  About time they started reading their own forums and see what problems we are having.

Have been given a list of things to try  but not had time to do so yet, as they wanted me to get all my users logged out!  I created another remote at home tonight on a different database again but still has the same problem on restoring,  As it happens on 3 different databases looks like it is not my field names as the two mentioned in the error message are default Act ones.

Anyone got a solution apart from employing a 3rd party to solve - or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Sue

Message Edited by sme22 on 03-19-2010 03:57 PM
Tuned Listener

Have you had any resolution with your problem?

I have experienced the same problem and ACT!'s answer is that my database is screwed up.  They suggest that I send it to their database services for repair.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello jimsorenson997,

Please see your Private Messages in this forum.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.