Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message when starting my ACT

Error message when starting my ACT

Hello Act Community members,

I hope someone can help me to solve my problem. I got my Sage Act almost 6 months ago, I have been using it since then 

all my sales activities are saved on it, it's a great systm.

This mornig I came to my office tried to start my Sage Act, after double clicking on the icon on my desktop I got this message:

Resolution of the dependency failed, type=" Act.UI. actapplication" name"". exception message is: the current build operation build ke Build Key[Act.UI.Act application, null] failed.

System.runtime.serialization.serialization exception: Binary Stream 0 does not contain a valid Binary Header. possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.

at 

system.runtime.serialization.formatters.binary._binary spaser.run() 

at

system.runtime.serialization.formatters.binary.object reader.deserialize(header handler handler,_binary parser serparser,booleen fcheck

can someone help me to solve this problem.

my email is : george@biowaveindustries.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error message when starting my ACT

Hello George,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This error was most likely caused by a Windows update. To attempt to resolve this issue, please see the suggested solutions in KB Article 25865.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you for the help, what happened is that I deleted the ACT completly off my laptop and download it agian.

is there any way for me to retrieve my data base or its lost for good?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Deleting the program from your machine should not affect your database. You should be able to reinstall ACT! and then open your database normally.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

thanks Greig, 

you were correct, that's what happened. I did get back my database.

thanks for the help.

by the way do you know why such problems happen in the first place.

Rgrds