Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message when launching Outlook 2002 from ACT2007

Error message when launching Outlook 2002 from ACT2007

I am receiving a error message when I click on an e-mail link from ACT!2007 that reads: Unable to cast COM object of type "Act.Outlook.ApplicationClass" to interface type "Act.Outlook_Application." This operation failed because the QueryInterface on call on the COM component...failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, is there any feedback as to how to correct it?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error message when launching Outlook 2002 from ACT2007

I haven't seen it in 9/10, but this is a similar error which seems to suggest an uninstall/reinstall - from the ACT! Knowledge Base
Tuned Listener

I have ACT 2007 and running Outlook 2003 and on one of my users when i try to set up the email through outlook 2003 I get this error below.

ACT!

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Act.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Act.Outlook._Application'.  This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063001-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

Please any help will be appreciated!!

Thanks

Nickel Elite Contributor

Please run Detect & Repair in Outlook 2003 via Help|About to see if this resolves the issue encountered.

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Tuned Listener

Unfortunally I have tried that already and it did not fix the issue.  Would it make sense to just do a reinstall of ACT?  Or is this issue more on the outlook side. 

I appreciate you getting back to me so fast.
Nickel Elite Contributor

It is indeed more on the Outlook side.  The ACT! Addin is attempting to use an Outlook component that may not be registered.  You would not likely see this using Outlook in normal fashion, only when there is something using the add-in functionality.

The quickest way we can attempt to resolve this is:

1) Uninstall ACT!

2) Invoke Detect & Repair

3) Reinstall ACT!

4) Attempt your procedure again.

Please post your results.

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Tuned Listener

Thanks for the quick response but I just tried the steps you provided me and still I get the same error message.  I just can't figure this thing out.  Please let me know what my next step would be. 

Thanks

Tuned Listener

Also I don't know if this helps either but I get the same error when  trying to write a letting using Word 2003:

Unable to cast COM object of type "Word.ApplicationClass" to interface type "Word_Application".  This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00020970-0000-0000-000000000000046} failed due to the following error: Libarary not registered.(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED))).

Did you ever have Office 2007 installed?

Uninstall Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies if present.

1. Close ACT! and any Office applications
  2. Open the Add or Remove Programs control panel (Click Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs).
  3. Uninstall Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies
  4. Launch ACT! and test.

Tuned Listener

I have not installed office 2007 but the laptop could have came with it was a factory default trial verison we run office 2003.  I will check this just to make sure though.

Thanks