Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message when click on Web Info for company dB.

Copper Contributor

Error message when click on Web Info for company dB.

Have never seen this before.  Just entered a web site: www.quixey.com.  When I click on the web info, I get a message that says the site only supports two latest generations of web browsers(e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer.  Says my browser IE 7.0 is not supported.  Is IE 7 locked into ACT 2012 as default browser?  I'm actuallly running IE 9 on my desktop.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Error message when click on Web Info for company dB.

ACT! 2012 supports IE 9 and Firefox 4.0 I would suggest upgrading from IE 7 to one of those.

Copper Contributor

If you notice, I stated that IE9 is installed as well as Chrome and latest version of Firefox.  Why and how is Act 2012 on that specifice web site seeing it as IE7?

Copper Super Contributor

You have to toggle compatability mode in IE9 to make it work properly. Click on that button next to the dropdown bar,

and it will work properly now. I was able to get it to load just now.

Copper Contributor

Have no problem with IE9 outside of Act 2012 Pro.  However, if I click on the web info tab and highlight the company's web site user link;I still get the error message.  I can click on "open browser" and the  page will load correctly.  However, If I go back to the web info tab and highlight "company's web site" user link, the error message comes back.  So far, it only does it on this one company url: www.quixey.com.