Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message trying to activate ACT!

Error message trying to activate ACT!

[ Edited ]

I cannot register my product as I receive the following message:

We are unable to register ACT!  You can continue using ACT! as a trial version for 0 days.  To register at a later time, select Register from help menu.

It will not connect and register me.  Please help as I cannot use my product.

Re: Error message trying to activate ACT!

[ Edited ]

Was using fine, trial expired and am getting unable to register Act message on connect through internet.  Phone connect activation code is greyed out.  Using windows 7 and knowledge tips were not working.  Please help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello jasonpueschel,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Follow these steps to attempt to resolve this issue:

- Close ACT!

- Open "Computer" from your Windows Start Menu and browse to C:\Program Data

- Delete the KGyGaAvL.sys file, and any other 10-character alpha-numeric .sys files (will be 1-3 of these). These will be easier to see if you sort the files by the "Type" column.

- Browse to the following directory: C:\Program Data\ACT\ActData

- Delete the RegistrationData.xml file

- Disable User Account Control in Windows. Instructions are in KB article 25665

- Reboot your machine

- Open ACT! and register

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am having the same issue but using Windows 7 the files you decribe are not there.  The folder preferences are set to show hidden but there are no files matching your description.  We had the same issue with ACT! 2009 then we upgraded to ACT! 2011 which worked fine and registered fine then out of the blue we started receiving the "We are unable to register ACT!. You can continue using ACT! as a trial..."  When we try to reister by phone the installation code is missing.