Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message starting ACT 2011

Error message starting ACT 2011

Single user.  Can't open ACT 2011 either with icon or start menu.  Get an error message stating "An error occured creating the configuration section handling system.diagnostics: Could not load the value type 'System.Security.Policy.ConfigId' from assembly 'mscorlib' Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5d because it has an instance field of itself. (C:\Program Files\Windows/ActSage.exe.Config line 109).  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error message starting ACT 2011

Hello Sully85,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

For the Community members to better assist you, can you provide some additional information:

- Operating system of computer

- Did this work before? 

- If it worked before, have you made any changes to the computer such as: Windows updates, installed/updated Anti-virus?

- Are there any additional error messages in the Windows Event Viewer?

Greg Martin
Sage

1. Windows Vista   2. ACT opened fine on Monday...been using for 12 years.  3. No unusual updates as far as I know.  4. Coincidence or not but the anniversary date of my purchase of ACT Pro 2011 was on 9/20/10 - this past Tuesday.  5. When I open ACT - it automatically goes to 'ACT has stopped working...Windows is checking for a solution' but no solution is offered.  6. The main message of an error occurs only upon start up.    

[ Edited ]

Using ACT 2011 version 102.0.409.0  - Still not sure what happened.  Can I uninstall and reinstall ACT Pro 2011?  Also, if necessary I can move to another machine but only have ACT Pro 2011 as an update from the download service.  Last disk that I have is ACT 2000!  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Super Contributor

Try changing the Compatibility mode for the ACT! program. To do this: right click on the ACT! icon > select Properties. Click on Compatibility tab > change the Compatibility setting to XP. Click OK to apply and close the window, then double click on the ACT! icon to launch the program.
Greg Martin
Sage

Greg.  Thanks for the info.  It was already set in the Windows XP (Service Pack 2).  Still won't work...clicking icon goes directly to Act not working.

I removed ACT from the startup menu to see if anything changed and it didn't seem to make a difference.  I then went back to putting it on the start menu and it says that it is 'yet to classified' in Software Manager.  Any new thoughts?