Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message "Get Rad Editor is not Defined" when trying to type history or notes.

Error message "Get Rad Editor is not Defined" when trying to type history or notes.

Error message "Get Rad Editor is Not Defined" when trying to type history or notes.

Background:

I recently upgraded to ACT 2011. And i had big deal of problem to get all users to work.

Two of my users/computers are working fine because they use older computers, ie, IE8.

Two of my users/computers are NOT working well beause the computers are new.

It took me several days to isolate the problem that IE9 is the problem.

The new computers say IE8 is not compatible with them so I loaded Firefox, and that seems to work.

Now I found out they cannot type history or notes, and see the "get rad editor is not defined" message.

I think this is a Firefox issue. And Mozilla on a Mac have the same problem.

Do I need to forcefeed the new computers with IE8?

Stephen.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error message "Get Rad Editor is not Defined" when trying to type history or notes.

Hello Stephen,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Your description sounds like the users are accessing the database through the web interface - is that correct?

If yes, I would agree that it is most likely due to the browser version.  ACT! 2011 is compatible with IE7/IE8 (32bit versions) and Firefox 3.5/3.6.  Most likely your Firefox installs have also updated (released V 4, 5, and 6 in the past few months).  Installing IE8 would be the next step to resolving the issue.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Error message "Get Rad Editor is not Defined" when trying to type history or notes.

[ Edited ]

Sorry. Windows7 is incompatible with IE8. So it sounds like I need to scrap the computers or scrap ACT?

[Edit: content removed]

To clarify: Windows 7 was released with IE8 integrated into the OS. IE9 being an update through Windows Updates. We have seen community members revert back to IE8 simply by uninstalling IE9 from the Programs and Features menu, if there are issues with re-instating IE8 it may take a call to Microsoft to resolve it.
The other option would be to locate a download file for Firefox 3.5 or 3.6 and install it.
Greg Martin
Sage

Hmmmm. You may have got something there. I will go and try. Thank you!

The latest version of Firefox 6.0 errors out as well, all other verisons until this new one worked fine.

Copper Super Contributor

It seems the problem is with Rad Editor, a third party component by Telerix.

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet/editor/radeditor-for-asp-net-does-not-work-properly-i...

They do, however, have a workaround, that Sage could test. One other way is to the change the Mozilla user agent so that it reports itself as 3.6 and test again. Can anyone confirm for me if that works?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher/

Copper Super Contributor

I just tested it by making the User agent like this:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 4.0.20506)

Into the user agent switcher, and Firefox 6.0 does work! I can create notes and new history entries just fine.

RKumar,
Thank you for the information! We are creating an article with these instructions.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

Greg, I went to the KB and couldn't find your article.  Can you provide?

Olga

olga@socalcrm.com

Olga A. Garate
SoCal CRM Advisors
olga@socalcrm.com