Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message on sending email through Outlook

Copper Contributor

Re: Error message on sending email through Outlook

This problem first started when a new automatic update of Windows occurred about 2 weeks ago.  Then I was still able to send blank emails from ACT, but not use templates.

Since reinstalling both ACT and Office, I now am not even able to complete the Email setup so I can no longer send any email from ACT at all.

Administrator

When you say you're unable to complete the email system setup - do you get a blank window in the list of available email systems? Or do you get some other error?

If the first, check out this KB:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23426
Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi stillstonevisions,

I would like to return to your post of last Monday that includes an error Message:

HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE)

If the “Office repair” does not cure the problem, there is another thing you should try:

We have to download and register the  Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.dll (Version 10) with the gacutil.exe-Tool. Although this is an older DLL than the one on your system, it seems that ACT! is sometimes looking for it and crashes if it doesn't find it.

You will also need to download the dll from “some place”: Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.dll 

Create a new folder c:\Test and save it there.

Open an ADMIN Command line and :

for Windows 32 Bit OS

CD %ProgramFiles%\Act\Act for Windows

for Windows 64 Bit OS

CD %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Act\Act for Windows

now register the dll downloaded to c:\TEST:

GACUTIL /I C:\Test\Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.dll

I have a lengthy German description of the whole solution here:

http://www.melville-schellmann.de/actforum/viewtopic.php?t=6126

Scroll down to an area looking like this and follow the short instruction:

…….Falls bei Ihnen das gleiche zu beobachten ist, dann können Sie sich hier die 10er Version der Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.dll downloaden. Speichern Sie diese in einen neuen Ordner "Test" auf die Festplatte "C:\Test". Öffnen Sie eine Commando-Konsole "als Administrator" (wichtig) und geben Sie folgende Befehle ein:

@ Jon Taylor: If you like this solution, translate it completely!

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Copper Contributor

I get the usual choices, including "Outlook".  But when i click "Finish" at the end of the process, I get the familiar "We're sorry...." message (see attached), same that I got before when trying to send an email based on a template, except that previously it referred to Word, and now it is saying Outlook has the problem.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for this solution.

I downloaded and registered the suggested file after running the command prompt as administrator, but I still get the same "We're sorry...." message at the same point, when trying to set up email preferences in ACT.

Copper Contributor

Perhaps I did not complete the process.  I went through your suggestions again carefully and this time I note that I am getting this error message in the CMD line (see attached).

Am I doing something wrong?

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I seaerched for GACUTIL.exe and successfully ran GACUTIL /I C:\Test\Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.dll as an ADMINISTRATOR.  However, back in ACT, I"m still getting exactly the same error when I attempt to set up email preferences.

Copper Contributor

Melville,

With this file properly registered now, do you suppose that a reinstall of ACT would now be effective?  I had tried that before with no change.

I do read some German, so attempted to read your German version, but it was a bit over my head, I'm afraid.  Thanks for the invitation. I wish my German was good enough that I could translate that for you.

Paul

Administrator

To be honest, the error messages are being generated from Office itself - it does sound like an issue with Office specifically.

Of course, it could be the Act! addins that are causing office to be broken - but its not something I've seen before. Have you tried a reinstall of Office itself?

I would recommend reinstalling Office then reinstalling Act! It may sound extreme but it will rule out any corrupted install issues.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both products, to no avail. 

I'm willing to do that again if there's any hope of fixing the problem.  if so, are there special ways to make certain that ACT is completely uninstalled?  There used to be some uninstall.bat files.