Do you mean 

Error message on sending email through Outlook

Copper Contributor

Error message on sending email through Outlook

ACT! Pro Version 18.2.53.0. Update 6

Windows 10

Office 2013, latest update

Local machine

Since an automatic Windows 10 update, when I try to send email from ACT! Pro, via Outlook, I get the error "We're
sorry, but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result. Would you like us to repair now?"

I have tried the following, to no avail:

Latest update to ACT! Pro

Latest updates to Office 2013 products

Changing compatibilty of Word and Outlook to Windows 8 and Windows XP, and also accepting "Recommended settings

Opening winword.exe and outlook.exe as Administrator

Eliminating all addins in Outlook

Opening winword.exe and outlook.exe in safe mode before starting ACT! Pro

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Error message on sending email through Outlook

Is this when you try to do a mail merge, or any time that you try to send an email?

What if you just click on somebodies email address to open a blank email - does this break the same way?

The error is referencing word, so it sounds like it's a template issue. Does it do the same thing with different templates?

Lastly one thing you didn't mention was if you'd tried running Act! as an administrator as well - so I'd recommend trying that.
Copper Contributor

Good questions. THank you.

I can click on "E-mail" and successfully do that.  It is when I use templates, which is what I mostly do.  I have not recently tried the "Mail Merge" function.

Yes, it does the same with all templates.

Yes, I have tried "Run as administrator" with the same result.

So...you might be onto something about it having more to do with Word than with Outlook.  Does that give you any ideas?

Copper Contributor

I tried "Edit Template" in ACT and got the same error.  But I am able to successfully open those template files directly in Word.

I also got a new error message from ACT while doing this.  See attachment.

Copper Contributor

Now that you have called my attention to this, it is clearly an ACT/Word integration problem.  When I choose Write/Letter, I get the same error message, and that has nothing to do with Outlook or sending email.

Copper Contributor

By the way, I have already done a complete uninstall of both ACT and Office, and reinstall, and "repair" of Office products...all to no avail.

Administrator

The error messages you're getting are quite unusual, not ones I've seen regularly before.

One step I'd recommend is temporarily disabling and anti-virus or firewalls that you may have, and test the issue. It seems like something is interrupting the integration between Act! and Word unexpectedly.

If that doesn't work, see if you can run through this KB below (it's a little out of date, but most of the steps will still apply):
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21040
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have already tried temporarily disabling my Avast anti-virus and firewall.  No change.  I will try the other suggestion.

Copper Contributor

Method one didn't work because there is no "Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies" in the list of programs.

Method two: I used Office repair from the Control Panel/Change.  No difference afterwards.  I searched for "normal.dot", found a "normal.dotm" and deleted it.  Made no difference in the problem behavior.

Method three: I have already completely uninstalled ACT and Office and reinstalled, to no avail.  

In my system, there are two files with the name Microsoft.Office.Interopt.Word.  One has Version Product Name value  of "Microsoft Office XP" and the other has "Microsoft Office 2013".

And Policy.11.Microsoft.Office.Interopt.Word Product Name has a value of "Microsoft Office 2013".

Please advise.

Thanks very much.

Copper Contributor

This is still very much a problem and I'm dead-ended.  Any help would be much appreciated.