Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message in ACT 10

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Error message in ACT 10

I'm getting an error message-could not load file or assembly'Act.Data.ActDb,version=10.0.237.0,culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa' or one of its dependencies.The system cannot find the file specified.

The file appears in the Windows XP assembly folder so I don't know what the problem is.Worked fine the day before,although I have had numerous problems with this version of ACT.Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Error message in ACT 10

Thanks Mike.After sevearl different solutions,I finally did an uninstall\reinstall and this fixed the problem,and with no loss of data ,for which I was very pleased .Thanks again for your reply.Fixtrop

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

I haven't seen that one before...

It could be that the file isn't registered, so try

From the CD, copy: Act.Data.ActDb.dll to C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows.

Then, from a CMD prompt:

Type cd c:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows and press Enter.
The file directory path will display C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows.

Type gacutil /i Act.Data.ActDb.dll and press Enter.

Reboot and try

If that fails, try installing the 10.03 pack as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22845

And then Hotfix 3 as per:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25309

Try again.

If still fails, it might be damaged .net, so try:

Uninstall any version of ACT! from Windows Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs
Download and run the Uninstaller.exe from the ACT! KB 19338 (the exe, not the manual uninstall)
Uninstall .Net Framework (all versions) - this does NOT apply to Vista/Win7 users as .Net 2.0 is part of the OS and can't be uninstalled
Uninstall any MS SQL items from the Control Panel if still there
Uninstall MSXML 6 Services from Control Panel if it's still there
Perform a Selective restart with MSCONFIG as per ACT! KB 14499
Install .Net 2.0 Framework (only 2.0 for ACT! 9/10/11/12) as per KB 19628 (only XP, not Vista/Win7) - reboot after this, but stay in selective startup
Optional - Manually install MS SQL as per ACT! KB 19386. If the install below fails, try from top and include this step
Install ACT! full install
Install latest ACT! patch if the previous install was a previous build and then any Hotfix
Check task manager to make sure .Net optimisation is finished (look for the setup, msiexec or ngen) - might take up to 10 minutes
Restore from Selective Startup Mode with MSCONFIG
Reboot

Takes time, but will give the cleanest and most stable install.

For the KB numbers, go here http://tinyurl.com/34xq94 - put the number in "Search Text" and change "Search By" to Answer ID

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thanks Mike.After sevearl different solutions,I finally did an uninstall\reinstall and this fixed the problem,and with no loss of data ,for which I was very pleased .Thanks again for your reply.Fixtrop