Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message during log-in

Error message during log-in

[ Edited ]

Wondering if anyone has had a resolution to the

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

error while logging in to a database?

I've got 8 users in ACT 2012 Pro SP1 Hotfix 4 - only one station is throwing the error, it's a Win7 Pro 64-bit.

I've done a complete uninstall and reinstall on the workstation with no change.  I've done a database check and repair and it looks to be in good shape - no other workstations are having this error.

Once the error pops up (only once during log in) the rest of the ACT client comes up and I have full functional access to all parts of ACT - EXCEPT - when I click on the "Connections" tab on the left the whole program crashes and closes.

So - I've tried the reinstalling the application on the station.

No other workstations are having this error (either Win7 OR XP) so I don't suspect the actual database or PAD file

I'm not using ACT as a dialer or any TELCO/communication hooks, but my communications preferences are filed out in Control Panel

Any thoughts or suggestions of where to go next - right now this is an annoying issue - I'd like to solve it before it becomes a major issue.

Thanks in advance for suggestions and direction.

OH - one other note of some significance, apparently (though it doesn't get used often) Scratchpad also will not run, at all, on this system . .

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Error message during log-in

Is that user using an ACT! Addon?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Re: Error message during log-in

[ Edited ]

No Add-ons, just the ACT! 2012 Pro.

We're boring like that.