Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message doesn't seem critical: ACT has encountered an error. Please shut down the application

Error message doesn't seem critical: ACT has encountered an error. Please shut down the application

Every time I open ACT and then access a different client file, the following error message appears:

ACT has encountered an error. Please shut down the application.

I can X out of the error message and make changes in the client file and there seems to be nothing bad happening. 

However, I am an ACT newbie and don't know what's happening. Even a local ACT Certified Consultant who did some work for me couldn't fix it.

So how do I get this annoying error message to stop popping up every time I open ACT or go into a different client file?

Tuned Listener

Re: Error message doesn't seem critical: ACT has encountered an er...

This may be an issue with your .net installation. Go to Add/Remove programs in Control Panel and see if you have 'Microsoft .net Framework 2.0 (Service Pack 1)' installed. If so this is the most likely cause. There isn't a fix at the moment apart from removing it and re-installing the previous version from Microsoft. It's free to download - your looking for the file dotnetfx.exe

Do you also get the error when closing the program?

and what about when you close the layout designer (Tools -> Design Layouts -> Contacts)?

Regards,

Cesc