Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message after new user setup

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Error message after new user setup

Hi,

We have recently had a new starter and set up a new Act! 2009 account for them. Unfortunately when they are trying to use act templates they get the following message "unable to cast com object of type "redemption.safemailitem'. This operation failed because the query interface call on the com component for the interface with 11D '{OAG5BE2D - 1543 - 46BE - AO6D - 18653034BF873}' failed due to the follwing error: no such interface support (exception from HResuit: Ox80004002 (E_nointerface))."

I was hoping someone might be able to offer some advice!!

regards,

Matt

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt Walkley
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error message after new user setup

Hello Matt,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. This error is usually caused by an unregistered library file. Please see this Knowledgebase article for more information:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2571...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt Walkley
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Matt,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. This error is usually caused by an unregistered library file. Please see this Knowledgebase article for more information:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2571...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks very much for your help Greig. 

I have another issue that I would like to get some help with.

I have an Act! database that is not ready for use and saved on my computer not the server. I am trying to copy it onto a colleagues computer so they can populate some of the data but keep getting the message that the database is being used by another person or program. This cannot be the case as no one else in the company has the database in questions. I have shut down ACT and everything ACT related and still get the message that I need to close any programs that might be using the file.

Regards,

Matt

Platinum Super Contributor

The database files are 'in use' by SQL.  SQL puts a lock on the files and prevents the copy operation.

To move the database, we recommend using the File > Backup > Database option to create a backup... then use the File > Restore > Database > Restore As option to restore it on the 'other' computer.  Here is an article with instructions: KB Article 19211

To use a 'copy' command you will need to stop the 'SQL Server (ACT7)' first (through Windows Services).

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks Greg, problem solved.