Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message: Invalid object name

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Error message: Invalid object name

I have have just reinstalled act 2011 on a new hard drive with Windows7 and Office 2010. To say I'm overjoyed to have got the old subscriber database open and syncing with my other publisher database on another computer is an understatment. Unfortunatley I now get the following message on opening ACT...  "Error occurred after logon in syncronisation manager: Invalid object name 'dbo.VWX_SYNCAPPLOCK'." As I cant find any reference to this type of message I thought I would ask a few of you more experienced ACT users if you had any ideas. Thanks, James

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JSleight
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Error message: Invalid object name

FIXED

ok it turns out that it was the antivirus driver (firewall I think)  . I'm running CA security suite and it was stopping DCOM from loading when I was creating the remote database. Turning off the firewall did not help so I uninstalled CA security suite, created the remote database and then reinstalled it and everything seems to be working fine now. James

View solution in original post

All Replies

Ok I found a log file from creating the remote database called Debbiesact_ActObjectCreationResults.txt

there are problems mentioned regarding starting DCOM. Any help still appreciated.

Running DBRights...

The number of orphaned users fixed by updating users was 0.

The number of orphaned users fixed by adding new logins and then updating users was 0.

The number of orphaned users fixed by adding new logins and then updating users was 0.

*** Setting rights on procedures...

*** Setting rights on tables and views...

Msg 7404, Level 16, State 2, Server HERMES\ACT7, Procedure VWX_SYNCAPPLOCK, Line 17

The server could not load DCOM.

>>> FAILED CREATING VIEW dbo.VWX_SYNCAPPLOCK <<<

Msg 7404, Level 16, State 2, Server HERMES\ACT7, Procedure VWX_BACKUPAPPLOCK, Line 17

>>> FAILED CREATING VIEW dbo.VWX_BACKUPAPPLOCK <<<

Msg 7404, Level 16, State 2, Server HERMES\ACT7, Procedure PRC_MAINT_WHOLOCK, Line 59

>>> FAILED CREATING PROC dbo.PRC_MAINT_WHOLOCK <<<

Msg 7404, Level 16, State 2, Server HERMES\ACT7, Procedure PRC_MAINT_REINDEXCHECK, Line 85

>>> FAILED CREATING PROC dbo.PRC_MAINT_REINDEXCHECK <<<

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Server HERMES\ACT7, Procedure FNC_GET_DATESINRANGE, Line 31

Incorrect syntax near '+'.

>>> FAILED CREATING FUNCTION dbo.FNC_GET_DATESINRANGE <<<

Solution
Accepted by topic author JSleight
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

FIXED

ok it turns out that it was the antivirus driver (firewall I think)  . I'm running CA security suite and it was stopping DCOM from loading when I was creating the remote database. Turning off the firewall did not help so I uninstalled CA security suite, created the remote database and then reinstalled it and everything seems to be working fine now. James

Platinum Super Contributor

JSleight,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue!  And Thank You very much for updating your post with the steps taken.

Greg Martin
Sage