03-24-2010 03:26 AM
Hello, I would be grateful if anyone can please give me for advise about deleting folders in Act, in particular old templates and layouts as I can’t delete and its starting to become a bit of a problem. I get the error message ‘access is denied – make sure that the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is currently not in use’. I guess that the files are write protected as I'm the only user in ACT at the time so does anyone have any ideas about how to change that?Thanks very much
03-31-2010 07:55 AM
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Before attempting to delete the ACT! folders, do these things first:
- Make sure you are deleting the folders locally on the machine they reside on...not through your network
- Close all open programs on your machine, especially ACT! and all MS Office apps
- Stop the SQL service
* From your Windows Start menu, choose Run
* Type in services.msc (in Windows 7 and Windows Vista, you would type this in the Search box on the Start menu)
* When the list of services comes up, locate SQL Server (ACT7)
* Right-click on this service and select Stop
- If using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, disable User Account Control (UAC) and reboot your machine. Instructions are in one of the following KB articles:
- Attempt to delete the folders
If you still cannot delete these folders, then you may not have sufficient permissions to delete these directories. You will need have someone give you full control of these files in order to delete them (if you are unable to do so yourself).
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.