Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error after upgrading database

Copper Contributor

Error after upgrading database

Have just upgraded to Act 2011 & after upgrading the Act 2010 database I get the following message as soon as I login:

The string was not recognized as a valid Date Time.  There is a unknown word starting at index 5

I tried doing a database maintenance & also used the rebuild options in actdiag but to no avail.  I also tried again with a backed up database.  After clicking OK to the message & when I try to go to the Calendar or Task list,  Act crashes & closes.  The demo database seems to be fine.  Why is is this?

Thanks

Tony

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error after upgrading database

Since the error only occurs in your database (not the demo) - to help isolate if this is data or database structure related, use the File > Save Copy As option to create an Empty Copy of the database.  Open the Empty copy and see if the error occurs. 

Here is an article with steps for creating an Empty copy: KB Article 19247

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

It appears that the error occurs in the demo database aswell.  It appeared to be OK initially as I opened the demo from within Act! but when I logged out & went back into the demo database that the error occurs.  I tried creating a blank database but the error occurs there aswell.  I have uninstalled Act! complete & have reinstalled but the error still persists.

An observation I have is that when I open another database from within Act I don't get the error but when I logout & log back in is when the error occurs.  Thanks

Tony

Bronze Elite Contributor

This is a known issue and applies at least to New Zealand and Mexico (regional settings) database for ACT! Pro and Premium 2011. A Defect Number has been issued for it.

There are two known workarounds:

1. Change regional settings if in NZ to Australia and problem will not occur. ( amy affect other areas like daylight saving)

2. Close the database, not ACT! and re-open it and issue will not occur until you next start ACT!

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog