Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error after login "The path is not of a legal form"

Error after login "The path is not of a legal form"

I have been using ACT for quite some time now, until recently I have been getting an error at login, after I logon I get an error message dialog box that reads "Error occured after logon in synchronization manager: The path is not of a legal form".  I share this database with another coworker, which is on his computer, he currently is not having any issues with his but when I make edits on my end nothing seems to save.  I have googled the problem and the solutions I get are to try and edit the permissions which have already been done with no change and there was another solution to apply a hotfix for v16 but I try that and it gives me an error "The path is not of a legal form".

It seems there is a problem with the original database syncing to my account but all permissions have full access, any help would be appreciated...

I am currently running Act! Pro Version 16.0.291.0

Thanks,

Bobby

Administrator

Re: Error after login "The path is not of a legal form"

Hi qsrecycling,

When you say "until recently I have been getting an error at login" are you now getting any errors, or a different error?

If this error is still occurring for you, other than checking the permissions, which you have already done (as per this Knowledgebase article), I would suggest installing the latest updates available for v16.

The updates can be found in the Download Centre at https://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act-pro-v16 I would suggest updating both machines with the download Act! Pro v16 SP3 Update - US. This will include any missing hotfixes. Please make sure you have a backup of your database before installing.