Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error about "macro not found" when attaching new email to Act! Contact

Error about "macro not found" when attaching new email to Act! Contact

Hello,

Act 2008 Premium...for only one user, when she composes a new email and tries to attach it to an Act! contact, it fails with the message:

"Microsoft Word: The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your macro security settings".

I have gone into both Word and Outlook and set the Macro Security level to low, no luck. Only thing that has worked is changing the Outlook email editor from Word to Outlook...I've also closed Outlook and redid the Outlook connection settings in Outlook, no luck.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error about "macro not found" when attaching new email to Act! Contact

It sounds like it may be an issue between Word and Outlook (not ACT!), since turning off Word as the editor seems to have resolved the issue. You can running a detect and repair from the Help menus in both Word and Outlook, or you can do a search for and rename the Normal.dot file(s).  Also if your office is not on the latest build of ACT! 2008 (10.0.3), then I would suggest updating.  You can determine your version by going to Help/About ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.