01-26-2018 10:36 AM
I keep getting this Error when trying to attached unattached emails in the "progress" window.
i am the administrator but have not been able to find a solution. The protocol that it states does not work.
Act Pro V19.0.147, Running on Windows 7 Pro
01-31-2018 02:03 AM
It's worth making sure that the database is not locked - you should be able to tell if a database is locked or not by looking at the Title Bar of the Program:
If the database is locked, you can unlock it from the Tools Menu > Database Maintenance > Lock/Unlock.
If the database is not locked, if you haven't already - try restarting your PC.
Failing that, run through the email system setup wizard (Tools > Preferences > Email and Outlook > Email System Setup), remove your database from the list and re-add it - ensuring that your log in details are correctly entered for the database.
01-31-2018 03:30 AM
That did not make any changes. DB was unlocked. I ran all the suggestions.
The majority of the emails are being recorded to the history as I have had it set up.
There are a few which may not be associated with a contact email address that have always wound up in the "Not Attached Messages"..
I have always been able to attached them to a Contact if needed or delete them.
When I select "Attache to Act Contact" I now get the error message.
01-31-2018 08:30 PM
02-01-2018 02:23 AM
02-02-2018 07:35 AM - edited 02-02-2018 07:36 AM
Oh your making me scared... :-)
You have no clue what I went through with Act and office when my company upgraded to Office 365.
With a lot of help from The "Community" and tech support It took me a week to get everything to play nice again.
Everything had been working just fine. I purposely have not upgraded Outlook or Act due to the problems I was having and at the recommendation of Act.
I'm apprehensive to take the leap.
Have they resolved the Sync issues?
02-03-2018 08:39 AM
|12/15/2017||Act! v19.1 Update 7|
Is there that much difference between that and
|12/15/2017||Act! v19.2 Update 4|
Would it make any difference. Again this problem surfaced over the last several weeks. I have not made any changes to the versions of the software from either party in that time.
02-05-2018 01:23 AM
02-05-2018 08:27 AM
Again, I will repeat that the majority of the email histories are being recorded.
It is just the few stragglers that do not have the email address associated with a contact that have become the issue.
I used to be able to attached those emails to an ACT contact. All was working splendidly.
Now I get the error message.
I did not changes that may have brought this on.
I have held on Office 365 Version 4229.1024 (the only one the Syn worked on) and they are now on version 9001.238.
I could do an update but if I lose the sync capability that would not be good. I went through that for a couple of weeks until i/we got is worked out.
I performed all the recommendations other than updating the Office program due to the potential Sync issues.
I've even changed the App Data files to old and reran a Sync to build new ones.
Nothings seems to be having an impact.
02-07-2018 02:05 AM
I think I found the solution today “ by accident”.
I came across a system where the problem occurred exactly as Russ describes it.
Checking the settings for the address books I found this:
One of the entries with “Germany.Pad” had a wrong user login in it!
Besides that the configuration shows 2 default values. I don’t know whether this has any additional influence on the problem, but the solution was plain simple:
Remove the address book with the wrong login and the problem is solved.
N.B.: the “Dummy.pad” is intentionally there. It solves the problem in that environment that the ACT!-Addin is loaded, but not visible…