Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error When Creating a Lookup after Keyword Search: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" ??

Error When Creating a Lookup after Keyword Search: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" ??

Hello,

I've seen this topic on this board in other discussions but haven't seen a fix that workls for me.  I updated to Act! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0 back in September 2010 from Act! 2006 because I got a new computer and ACT 2006 was not compatable with Windows 7.   I really see no benefits whatsoever in the Pro 2011 and basically, with all the little problems I've had with the upgrade, I'm wishing I just went with a different database. 

I do a lot of keyword searches and when the seach is complete I like to click on "Create Lookup" so I can page through the 50 ~ 100+ contacts that have the keyword to see my notes on each contact.  But when I click on "Create Lookup" I get: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".  Subsequetnly, I have to click on each contact one at a time to see the detail version which is maddening.

Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it??  Please help.

Thanks,

MIke

PS. I also get this error when trying to create mailing labels....