Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: handler.

Error: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: handler.

Hello all,

I have seen this question asked before, but no one seems to have it answered.

I am running ACT! 11.0 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 using a remote access desktop. I do not have administrator rights.

I am customizing a dashboard by creating an activities by user bar chart and specifying a custom date range filter. I get the error stated in the subject line: "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: handler" Please let me know what the best course of action would be to solve this. I am willing to install updates, contact my remote management company for admin rights, etc.

Thank you.

Cooper

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: handler.

Hello Cooper,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. The issue you are describing was a reported issue with ACT! 2009 (11.0). This issue was addressed in the 11.1 update for ACT! 2009. Download and installation instructions for this update can be found in KB Article 23642.

If you are using a shared database in multi-user environment or have remote users that synchronoze, then all machines with ACT! installed will need to apply this update, starting with the server.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks Greig!

As for who will have to update I am still unclear. Let me explain our situation a bit more.

We do use a shared database with 4 users. The database is located on a central server so we do not have anybody synchronizing. None of our local machines have ACT! installed on them. We all access personalized desktops on the same server usign different usernames.

Given that, will the update have to occur for any machine other than the server?

Thanks again,

Cooper

Platinum Elite Contributor

Cooper,

Here is how you want to do it:

- Have all users close ACT! and close it on the server (if open)

- Download and apply the update to the server

- Open the database on the server and allow the database to be updated..no one must open ACT! or the database until this is completed

- Have all users apply the update to their individual machines

- Users open database and resume working in ACT!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.