Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Upgrading To 2011

Error Upgrading To 2011

I'm currently attempted to upgrade Act from version 7.0.4.82 to the new 2011. The server for some reason is having problems and I believe the server must be upgraded 1st before the clients so I'm posting the error message below from Windows Server 2003:

"

Sage ACT! Installer has detected that the ACT7 instance is either not
running or disabled.\n\nSystem.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system
cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo
startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.HardReset(String strSecurityCmdLnApp, String
ACTPath) at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.InstallSQL2008(String SourcePath, String
ACTPath, String Param, String strSAPWD, Boolean InstallSP) at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.PrepareAndInstallSQL2008(String strSrcPath,
String strSQLPath, String strACTPath, String strSQLAccount, String
strSQLCollation, Boolean IsSPNeeded)

Sage ACT! Installer has detected that the ACT7 instance is either notrunning or disabled.\n\nSystem.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The systemcannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfostartInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.HardReset(String strSecurityCmdLnApp, StringACTPath) at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.InstallSQL2008(String SourcePath, StringACTPath, String Param, String strSAPWD, Boolean InstallSP) at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.PrepareAndInstallSQL2008(String strSrcPath,String strSQLPath, String strACTPath, String strSQLAccount, StringstrSQLCollation, Boolean IsSPNeeded)"

Anyone know what is causing this issue? Do I need to blast the registry entries or is there a trick to the upgrade? 

Re: Error Upgrading To 2011

I don't know what the problem is exactly but it would probably be a good idea to remove the old software first.

It sounds like the installer is having problems upgrading Microsoft SQL server. ACT! 7 came with SQL 2000 but ACT! 2011 uses SQL 2008 R2

Uninstall ACT! and Microsoft SQL from control panel,

BE SURE YOURE NOT USING SQL FOR OTHER APPLICATIONS BEFORE DOING THIS.

Re: Error Upgrading To 2011

Thanks for the reply. It installed perfect on my server and 4 PC's however the final PC (go figure) is where I'm getting an error & I see I'm not the only one:

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Installation-Issue/m-p/53515/highlight/true#M27893

Now I check the Windows control panel and I don't see any instance of Sage Act 7 or any version of MSSQL. I've cleaned the registry and also removed manually C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\.

Any ideas?