Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Unpacking Remote Database

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error Unpacking Remote Database

I am having trouble unpacking and restoring a RDB on a new Win 7 x64 laptop. I get the error message, "invalid length parameter passed to the substring function".

The odd thing is that I successfully unpacked/restored a differnt RDB from the same publisher DB to another, similar laptop just minutes prior to attempting this one, which makes me think it has little to do with the database and much to do with the local installation of ACT.

Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is for ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Error Unpacking Remote Database

This has been resolved. My assumption was correct... the solution was to reinstall MS SQL Server 2005 via Programs in Control Panel on the client's laptop. Click Change and select the ACT7 instance. Also during this same process, I installed an optional component of MS SQL 2005 (Replicator) that had a red X and hadn't been installed during the initial ACT setup.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

This has been resolved. My assumption was correct... the solution was to reinstall MS SQL Server 2005 via Programs in Control Panel on the client's laptop. Click Change and select the ACT7 instance. Also during this same process, I installed an optional component of MS SQL 2005 (Replicator) that had a red X and hadn't been installed during the initial ACT setup.
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Carbonell35,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue! And Thank You for posting the update and resolution.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

So, it turns out I've got the same issue again, but this time the SQL installation fix I thought was the answer didn't help. Any suggestions?