Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error - The database could not be accessed (Only from VPN)

Error - The database could not be accessed (Only from VPN)

I've read a lot of threads today, regarding this same issue, however mine doesn't make sense.

The error is;

"The database <database name> could not be accessed.  In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that the database server is available.  It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server.  Press F1 for a troubleshooting guide."

We've been running Premium V11 for the last 18 months, on 5 internal machines with no issues. We also have 1 external laptop using VPN, no problem either.

The latest laptop works 100% fine while in the office, on the LAN. But from home, using VPN (can still view/modify files on other machines, so it has access to the network), it can't access ACT, and throws up the error above.

Any ideas? I'm tearing my hair out today, as the laptop worked fine here yesterday, but on it's 1st day out the office and it fails to connect Smiley Sad

Re: Error - The database could not be accessed (Only from VPN)

Hello,

I'm facing the same problemwith my Act, I spilled coffee on my laptop and had to get a new one, I downloaded Act on the new laptop, and everytime I try to access my database I get the same message.

If you found any solution to this problem please let me know

george@biowaveindustries.com

thank you.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error - The database could not be accessed (Only from VPN)

Hello,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

George, I see that you have your question in another post that was answered by Ginger Ney.  I agree, it is most likely that you are using the original PAD file and it needs to be recreated (by opening with the ADF).

Vcjv,

Your issue is most likely that the VPN is not correctly translating the computer name of the host machine (which is contained within the PAD file).  Here is an article with instructions for changing the PAD file to include the IP address of the host machine: KB Article 19640

Greg Martin
Sage