Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint PHONE_PHONEMASKID_FK

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: Error: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint PHONE_PHONEMASKID_FK

Hi Ch1p

Thanks for this:

Create a new database, add any custom fields you have in the damaged database.

Add users.

Import from damaged database using ACTs import wizard. As long as field types and field length are the same (No Initial Caps please !!) then ACT should correctly pull all the data across.

I'll have a go when I have some free time (fair bit of customisation).

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: Error: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint PHONE_PHONEMASKID_FK

Hi Ch1p

I had a quick go of creating a new a new database, then copy-pasting my layouts into the new database. However, all my custom fields are messed up. The field title is OK but the input field is greyed out. I was hoping i could short-ct redesigning everything. Am I wrong? Is there a quicker way?

The good news is that new contacts have the correct default UK phone!

Highlighted

It would appear there is an issue with the structure of the database if an empty copy still has the issue.

To resolve the issue with the Layout showing grey boxes, you will need to reassign the field to the layout via 'Tools - Design Layouts > example: Contact Layout' You can double-click on the greyed out boxes to assign a field to them.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Sorry, yes start again is the only way but once you have done this and completed the import you should be OK.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

There's a lot of customisation (fields, drop-down menus etc.) and last time trying to import the old ACT! Direct Line (phone) caused problems - even for ACT tech support.

Any idea how long it will be before a fix is available? Or will there ever be a fix?