Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Setting last field

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error Setting last field

Act Community,

I have ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1.  Starting today, when in the calendar, I cannot clear any items.  When I attempt to add a calendar item, I receive the message stated above.  And in addition, I cannot delet the item.  Please help!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rgomberg@pacbell.net
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Error Setting last field

I found an old email providing instructions from the start/run menu on how to reindex and clean up the database and everything works fine now.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

First - try running Check and Repair maintenance for your database: Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair.

If that does not resolve the issue:

- Are you able to clear/delete calendar items from the Task List or Contact Detail/Activities tab?

- Are you able to create a new activity?

- Open the demo database and test - to determine if it is database specific.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Check and repair did not work.  I cannot clear/delete calendar items.  I can create a new activity but I receive the same error,"Error setting last field" and again cannot clear or delete the new activity.

I opened a test database and don't have the problem so it seems to be database specific.  Can you please provide instructions on how to resolve the database issue?  Also, my left sidebar went away - the one that I can easily click on to go between contact, calendars, groups, etc.  Can you tell me how to get that back?

Thank you.

Solution
Accepted by topic author rgomberg@pacbell.net
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I found an old email providing instructions from the start/run menu on how to reindex and clean up the database and everything works fine now.

Thanks!