Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Opening ACT PRO 2012

Error Opening ACT PRO 2012

I just replaced a PC which had the main act database on it on a two peer to per network  (It was running Act pro 2012)

On  a new PC, I installed ACT 2012 ,  Opened the Database,  Shared it. . The Database opens fine on the native/host Machine.

I then copied the newly created PAD file on another PC (Peer to Peer)  which used to access ACT on the old replaced PC.

Here is what happens.  When you initially click on the PAD or ACT icon...  Act launches and eventually comes up with the error message The SQL database command timed out.  (see  below)

error1.png

But when I click on opendatabase the locations I coped the PAD show up an I can open the databse without any problems.

See the  image below....   the PAD file has been copied for both locations....      I appreciate your assistance so I can open up the Database by just cliking on the icon.

Regards,

Ross 

image1.png)

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Error Opening ACT PRO 2012

Hi Ross,

A great place to start when you encounter an error in Act! is the KnowledgeBase.

I typed your error message in the searchbox at http://kb.swiftpage.com and the first result was this Article:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28751

Please try the steps outlined here and let us know if you are still having problems.

Cheers,

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Jared.. i have tried the KB already... The strange part I can open it up after it fails the first time.

Copper Elite Contributor

In that case, is this a Laptop that you are using?

It's possible that the SQL service could not be starting correctly, this is especially true if you are noticing the issue if you put the computer to sleep, or hibernate, rather than shutting it down.

If the problem exists even from a fresh boot, then I would suggest locating the SQL Server (ACT7) service, and set it to delayed start, as there might be other services starting up during boot, that are causing a conflict.

Cheers, 

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services