Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Messages with Pro 2013 regarding can't find computer (but I am using the computer ACT! is installed on)

Tuned Listener

Error Messages with Pro 2013 regarding can't find computer (but I am using the computer ACT! is installed on)

I got two strange messages this morning when trying to open my database.  ACT! Pro 2013 is loaded on a single computer and not run over a network.  I have attached the error messages in case anyone has any idea of what is going on.  The sequence was I fired up ACT! and got the first message.  ACT! loaded but my database didn't.  I then told ACT! to open my database and got the second message.  I then shut down ACT! and restarted and the problem was gone...strange.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error Messages with Pro 2013 regarding can't find computer (but I am using the computer ACT! is installed on)

Make sure the 'SQL Server (ACT7)' service is running: KB Article 28216

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Re: Error Messages with Pro 2013 regarding can't find computer (but I am using the computer ACT! is installed on)

[ Edited ]

Yes, checked that in task manager services and it was, and is always, running. The only time I temporarily turn it off is when doing a back up as ACT! doesn't allow me to back up my database if SQL Server (ACT! 7) is running.

The first message indicates an IP address, the ip address may have changed. 

Try recreating the PAD file associated with the database.  See the following article, section 'The PAD file is damaged': KB Article 19640

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

I can do that but since it only happed one time and hasn't repeated itself, anything I do is not likely to result in any gained knowledge.

Sorry, missed the last part about 'problem gone'. Definitely don't make any changes at this point!
Greg Martin
Sage