Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Messages: 1321, 1603, Protexis

Error Messages: 1321, 1603, Protexis

I can't make V10 work on my company computer. 

I am using IBM T43 that is not using Vista. The IT department has to given me "privileges" to install

I installed Version 9 when I first started with the company. I could not make it work at that time, so I just forgot about it.  After Version 10 was available, I contacted my IT department, they gave me "privileges" to install it.

During the install of version 10 the "Error 1321, the installer has insuffient privileges to modify cSmiley Tonguerogram files ACT/ActsofWindowsReadme.txt" came to the screen.  Does anyone know what this is?

I pushed the "enter" key, the installation continued,  the next error was "Error 1603 fatal error during installation.  Consult windows installer Help (ms.chin) or MSDN for more information.  Does anyone know what this is

During the start-up of Version 10, the error message "The type intializer for "Protexis" threw an exception" comes up, and then the program closes.  It seems both Versions 9 and 10 are trying to run.  Was 9 not erased?

Help.

Rich
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Error Messages: 1321, 1603, Protexis

First I'd have someone from IT actually come down and login as a local administrator on your machine, then uninstall and reinstall act 10.0.1. The protexis error is because the protexis service isn't configured properly, most likely because your install failed part way in. I would attempt to remove Act! using add/remove programs, and if that fails go to support.act.com and search for KB article "19338" entitled "How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file", in the article they link to an Uninstaller that you should have better luck with.
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.
Platinum Elite Contributor

You need local Admin rights to install ACT!.

You might also have parts of ACT! 9 that it couldn't properly install or uninstall still there. As you said you're NOT using Vista, please try these steps (once you've confirmed you're a local Admin)

This is a procedure I wrote to get the most clean install possible:
Uninstall any version of ACT! in Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs
Use the Uninstaller.exe from the ACT! KB 19338
Uninstall .Net Framework (all versions)
Uninstall MS SQL from Control Panel if it's still there
Uninstall MSXML Services from Control Panel if it's still there
Perform a Selective restart with MSCONFIG as per ACT! KB 14499
Install .Net 2.0 Framework from MS web site (only for XM, not Vista)- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en
Manually install MS SQL as per ACT! KB 19386
Install ACT! 10
Install ACT! 10.01 patch if you're installer had the previous version
Restore from Selective Startup Mode with MSCONFIG
Reboot

If using Vista, skip the lines to remove and reinstall .Net Framework. All other lines should be the same

Platinum Elite Contributor