Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message

Error Message

I have users on our Network who are all of a sudden getting this error

Error. The database Customer 2005 could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or server. 

Can anyone help on this? I am not sure if I need to upgrade our Act! all of a sudden. We are all using Windows Xp Pro

Thank You

Brian

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error Message

If you have multiple users who are getting this error, then the issue is on the server.

- Make sure they can browse through the network to the location where the ACT! database is

- Make sure they have permissions to access the directory

- Open the .pad file for the database on the server (using Notepad) and make sure the server name, filepath to database and the database name are correct

You can use the troubleshooting steps in the following Knowledbase article to assist you with resolving this issue:

Error: "The database could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network con...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.