Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message

Error Message

I just upgraded to ACT! Pro 2012.  My database converted and layout views come in just fine but I have a big problem.  When I go to define fields I get the following error message:

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.  Parameter name: Length

Result is I can't edit fields, create fields or do anthing with fields.  Any ideas for me??

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Error Message

You still having this issue?

Have you tried opening the demo database to see if you receive the same error?

Can you run database maintenence on the database in question?

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic

Yes I can open Demo Database and don't get the error message.

Yes I have run database maintenance but it does not fix the problem.

Spent hour on phone w technical support yesterday but they could not fix the problem.  The said they had people in Advance Tech support that had fix for this issue and scheduled appointment with me for this moring to fix this issue.  Of course... they did not call me yet.  They are 30 minutes late.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello kwoolridge,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Thank you for reporting this issue. We have tested this and found it to be an issue with the conversion of Memo fields when converting to ACT! 2012. We have published KB Article 28272 which includes a couple of batch files you can run that should resolve the error. Please run these files on your database and post the results in this thread. We are currently working on a solution to prevent this error from occurring to begin with. Again, thank you for reporting this issue and giving us the opportunity to address it.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

Thank you VERY MUCH! I had this exact problem and your remedy worked perfectly; well done!

walcottwhiz

David Hamacher
Get Better Sales
davidham369@gmail.com