Error Message when trying to write a letter

Copper Contributor

Error Message when trying to write a letter

[ Edited ]

Using Act!2012 Pro and MSOffice 2003

EDIT: Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 2

Microsoft Office 2003  Word  11.5604.5606

Microsoft Office 2003 Outlook 11.5608.5606

When I go to write a letter from ACT I get the following message "The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER))".

Only way I can get it to work is reboot and open ACT! and then the FIRST time I try to merge with Word is works... otherwise I get the error message?

I saw there was a Message on here about the same problem in 9-2008, but unfortunately a viable solution was never posted since it was fixed by technical support with no explanation.

Any help?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error Message when trying to write a letter

Hello jlindnyc,
This issue could be caused by another add-in in Word conflicting with the ACT! add-in, possibly a security application add-in. Try disabling other add-ins in Word except for the ACT! one and see if this helps. You may also see if the WINWORD.exe process is still running under the Processes tab in your Task Manager, even after you close Word. If so, then manually end the process.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.