Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message when trying to send a mass email from ACT! 2006

Error Message when trying to send a mass email from ACT! 2006

I am trying to send out a mass email from ACT! 2006 to 685 clients.  I have tried to send the email several times, but I keep getting the following error message: "ACT! Email has encountered a problem and needs to close.  Please restart ACT! email."  I have sent out a mass email to the same clients before, and I did not have any problems.  What could be causing this?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error Message when trying to send a mass email from ACT! 2006

This could be a result of your antivirus blocking ACT! Email (see KB Article 14561) or posssibly an invalid email address. Try sending out maybe 50-100 of the emails at a time and see if you have the issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Error Message when trying to send a mass email from ACT! 2006

If you are sending that many emails in a mail merge on a recurring basis - you really owe it to yourself to look into Swiftpage Email.

This will help overcome performance issues, CAN-SPAM compliance issues, getting blacklisted by your ISP, etc.

It integrates directly into Act! and is easy to use and allows for collecting opens, click, etc.