Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message when opening ACT Email

Error Message when opening ACT Email

I have used the ACT email program since installing 2009 v. 11 over a week ago. Today, it decides to give me this message when I click on the email button inside of ACT:

"Either there is no mail client or the mail clientcannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

So, any idea's? I have been using Outlook express and Mail side by side for awhile now and after upgrading to v. 11 over a week ago, things worked fine.  What the issue is now that when Mail loads after giving me the error message, when I try and collect email, it will send any outgoing email, but is unable to connect and download my POP3 incoming emails to my PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Re: Error Message when opening ACT Email

Try following the steps below.

Default Windows E-mail Program:

1. Close all open applications, including ACT!
  2. Open Internet Explorer.
  3. Click the Tools menu, then click Internet Options. The Internet Options dialog appears.

4. Under the Programs tab, change the E-mail option to anything other than Microsoft Outlook. Click Apply, and then click OK.
  5. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options again. The Internet Options dialog reappears.
  6. Under the Programs tab, change the E-mail option back to Microsoft Outlook.
  7. Click Apply and then click OK to close the Internet Options dialog..
  8. Exit Internet Explorer.