03-08-2012 06:19 PM
I have recenlty installed Sage Act Pro 2012 software. It's working fine so far. Only problem I found is when I Exit the Sage Act, it gives me error message - Sage Act! has Stopped Working.
I am using Windows 7 (64 bit) OS.
03-09-2012 09:46 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
Try running ACT! with the 'Run as administrator' option. To do this: close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator'. Test.
If that does not resolve the issue:
- Do you synchronize with any other programs (Outlook or Google)?
- Do you have any ACT! add-ons?
- Does it happen every time? If no, can you determine a pattern such as length of time opened or time of day closed...
03-09-2012 10:46 AM
Thanks Greg for reply.
1. I have tried to run as administrator option. I still got the same error message - "Sage Act! has stopped working" when I exit the software.
Answer to your questions:
1. Yes, I do synchronize with Outlook (not Google)
2. I don't have any Act! add-ons.
3. This does not happen every time. I would say it happens 8 times out of 10 times.
I will keep eye on the pattern and get back to you. Meantime, if you have any solution to fix, please let me know.
Thanks in advance for help.
03-10-2012 10:14 AM
In my computer Event Viewer, I found below two individual error messages a lot:
Below error message I see every 15 minutes. I have setup Outlook to sync with my Sage ACt DB every 15 mintes.
Erro during activity sync.
Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
at Act.Outlook.Integration.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass2.<GetOutlookAppointmentList>b__0(OutlookDataItem p)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Act.Outlook.Integration.Utility.GetOutlookAppointmentList(DateTime start, DateTime end, ProgressService progressService)
at Act.Outlook.Sync.Common.ActivitySynchronizer.SyncAllAppointments(IConfigurationService configurationService, DateTime start, DateTime end)
Second error message I see in my Event Viewer is:
"The name "WORKGROUP :1d" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.134. The computer with the IP address 192.168.1.115 did not allow the name to be claimed by this computer."
Hope above two hints should help experts to resolve my problem.
03-12-2012 08:02 AM
03-12-2012 10:28 AM
I have changed sync schedule to hourly between Outlook and Sage Act. In past three hours, I have same three above error message. It's frustrating situation to me.
03-14-2012 12:34 PM
Since the error definitely indicates 'activity sync', try disabling the scheduled sync and test. We want to either determine this as the cause, or eliminate it.
Also: Try opening the ACT! Demo database and close it. Repeat a few times to see if the issue is database specific or not.
03-16-2012 04:43 PM
I have tried Act Demo for few times and I don't have error message.
I have disabled the scheduled sync. For past two days, I have not seen my subject line error message. I am keeping eye on pattern though. I will get back to you soon with the update.
I have noticed one thing under Services that SQL Server Agent (Act7) Startup Type is set as Automatic and the Status is nothing. (Service not started). Is this normal? When I tried to start this service, I got following message:
"The SQL Server Agent (Act7) service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."
At the same time, I got following error message in the Event Viewer:
"SQLServerAgent could not be started (reason: This installation of SQL Server Agent is disabled. The edition of SQL Server that installed this service does not support SQL Server Agent.)."
Please let me know if I should leave this service alone.
03-21-2012 04:59 AM
1. I have disabled Outlook Contacts & Calendar Sync. I have observed for almost one week and I don't get error message "Sage Act! has Stopped Working" when I Exit software.
1. Under Services, SQL Server Agent (ACT7) is set as Automatic but the Status in null. (I don't see service started.)
2. I need help to resolve #1 issue before I start using Smart Tasks, Email Marketing and Cloud access.