Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message shutting down my ACT! when making a report

Error Message shutting down my ACT! when making a report

I have ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.0.237. I am operating it with VIsta. It works well most of the time. Recently, It has been shutting down everytime I try to create any report. The message reads "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt." Then it shuts down my ACT! and I have to restart. This is starting to drive me CRAZY!!  Anybody know what can be done???

Thanks.
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Error Message shutting down my ACT! when making a report

Try a repair install of act from programs and features in control pannel, otherwise try a full uninstall reinstall.

Tom

Well, I tried the repair in control panel approach. How do I keep from loosing my data in Act! when doing a full un-install re-install?

Thanks!
Nickel Super Contributor

It only uninstalls the program not your databases.  If youre worried back them up though.

Tom

So, I just go into the Control Panel and uninstall ACT! and then re-install using my disk? Actually, I think I did this online. How would I re-install if I do not have a disk?

Thanks.
Nickel Super Contributor

If you provide me with the exact build number you require eg 9.0.1 I can provide you with a link for download.

Tom

Do you mean the version number? I have ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.0.237.

I have yet to do the un-install - re-install. I have done my back-up, check for virus, tune-up using Windows OneCare. Since that, It is giving me a different message and then shutting down my ACT!.  I just posted a new Message describing the new "Application Error" description.

Thanks.
Nickel Super Contributor

Use the act uninstaller file found here (http://tinyurl.com/5mlyd2) to uninstall act, you do not need to uninstall the act7 sql instance.  If you are a single user I reccomend you update to the newest version of act which is 10.0.2.  This can be downloaded from here (http://tinyurl.com/59qvl4).

Tom

I will un-install ACT!. How do I re-install? What specific Information do you need from me to get the re-install link?
Nickel Super Contributor

Link for 10.02 is the second of the tinyurls above - this is the latest version of 10.  If you are using the standard act product this will do you.  Run the .exe once you have download it to extract the cd and then run setup.exe.

Tom