Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message - "Resolution of the dependency failed, type..."

Error Message - "Resolution of the dependency failed, type..."

[ Edited ]

My laptop was running for about twelve hours and perhaps got overheated. In any event, I reacted too slowly to a Windows 7 warning message telling me that I needed to close my Act 2011 Pro.  My last saved notes entry into Act generated a large red X encompassing the notes section I had just completed. At that point, I closed Act, shut down the computer. Turned it on again, opened Act and got an error message. I have tried a few minor fixes and nada. I reloaded the program (without deleting it first). No help. I have run thru a few of the options on this board. While a few examples seem to get close, none seem to apply exactly. And given my lack of skill in this arena, I would really like to be sure. If it makes a difference, the full message was...

Resolution of the dependency failed, type = “Act.UI.ActApplication”, name = “”. Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream ‘0’ does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary._BinaryParser.Run() at  System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler,_BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

[Edit: enlarged font size for better viewing]

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error Message - "Resolution of the dependency failed, type..."

Hello niagara1,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Please see if the suggested solutions in the Knowledgebase article help resolve the issue:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2586...

The most common cause is a damaged file or files in the Preferences folder, which is resolved by manually rebuilding the preferences.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Error Message - "Resolution of the dependency failed, type..."

Greig - Thanks for the feedback. But it appeared way too complicated. So I uninstalled. My reinstall has proved to be just as irritating and I have now been on the phone w/ India for close to two hours.  Dave