Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message "One or more errors have been detected" V11.0

Error Message "One or more errors have been detected" V11.0

[ Edited ]
I am a new Act! user.  I loaded ACT! to my new laptop with the Vista Ultimate operating system.  I began loading new contacts.  On contact #10 it will no longer allow me to add new contacts.  I get an error message "One or more errors have been detected, Place your mouse on the red error indicator to display the error message".  There is no red indicator on my screen visible and I am dead in the water in using the product.  Also, once I see this error message, it locks up ACT! and I can't shut it down, move to another contact.  I have to reboot my computer to close the program and/or get to one of the first 10 contacts.  I am beyond warranty so I have a useless product.  If someone can please help, it would be appreciated.  Thanks!
Message Edited by Exterior on 07-22-2009 07:59 AM
Message Edited by Exterior on 07-22-2009 08:00 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error Message "One or more errors have been detected" V11.0

This warning usually indicates that there is a required field that is not getting data, though this field may not be visible on your layout. When you get this warning, check the fields under each of your tabs in addition to the ones in the section for any red indicators.  If you cannot see any, then you will need to check each of your contact fields to see which ones are marked as required. Do this by going to Tools/Define Fields and choose "Contact" fields. In the list of Contact fields, double-click on each field in the list and make sure the "Allow Blank" box is checked. After you have done, close the Define Fields screen and go to Tools/Database Maintenance/Check and Repair. Then close and reopen ACT! and test creating new contacts.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for the ideas, although this solution ddi not work.  I still can't add any new contacts and it continues to lock up ACT! once I attempt to add a new cotact.  I have to reboot the computer to shut it down.
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]
Are you able to duplicate this issue in the Demo database (ACT11Demo)?  The default location of this database is C:\Documements and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\ACT\Act for Windows 11\Databases. We need to see if this issue is specific to your database.
Message Edited by ghollister on 08-03-2009 04:14 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

NO, I am not able to duplicate this problem in the demo database.  I was able to add more than 10 new contacts with no problems.  I continue to lock up ACT! on the 10th new contact.  I have to reboot my computer to shut down ACT! once the error message shows up.  I still cannot determine what the problem is.  Thanks for your help.