Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message "Act.Shared.Utilities, Version=10.1.199.0"

Error Message "Act.Shared.Utilities, Version=10.1.199.0"

Could anyone give me a hand on this error message "Act.Shared.Utilities, Version=10.1.199.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa". I have tried everything, even with the Windows Install Clean Up, I still get this message after I have removed Sage Act!.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error Message "Act.Shared.Utilities, Version=10.1.199.0"

What action is being performed when you receive this error message?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem. Thank you.

Silver Super Contributor

What is the rest of the error message and when do you get it?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

I got the error message when I tried to install Act. Version-10.1.199.0 onto my new desktop I built with Windows 8.1. Although the normal wizard said it would not work on the 64 bit system, I was able to get it installed by clicking the setup .exe file on the install disk (in a Windows 10 folder if I remember correctly). When the set-up tried to launch ACT! then I got the message. When I try to launch ACT from the desktop icon or .exe file, it starts to load then quickly says it has sfopped running and the load box disappears.

In a box with the header,”Act.Outlook.Service” it said-Could not load file or assembly “Act.Shared.Utilities, Version=10.1.199.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa” or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I also copied the ACT fold from my presently functioning VISTA Home Premium desktop and placed it where the install disk had installed ACT on my new computer-removing the installed ACT file. Same aborted start up and error message.

Thank you.

Silver Super Contributor

Try rerunning the installer by right clicking on setup.exe and specifying run as administrator.  I don't know if that will make a difference but it sounds like your installation didn't complete successfully.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!