Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message dealing with no access to databases

Error Message dealing with no access to databases

I cannot access any of the databases in my ACT 2010 and the error message makes no sense to me. I installed the program and to date have had no problems. I do not understand the information in the help section.

Any help would be appriciated

Bronze Contributor

Re: Error Message dealing with no access to databases

Perhaps, do you think it might help if you shared the details of the error message?

Signature

Thanks here is the complete message.  The database Army Bases could not be accessed. In order to access this database check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall sadeware onyour computer or the server.

I do not know what this means  or how to check fore a database server.

Thanks for any help

I have run into this after performing system maintenance.  I have a Sony VAIO and everytime I run the registry cleaner with VAIO Care or Norton, I get a message that the database is not accesseable on the network, when the file is resident on the laptop.  The only way I have found to fix is to run the install program again, which first installs- but does not affect the contact databse, then you install again.  I have not reinstalled for the 8th time.  As an ACT user since version, I'm really disappointed that they can't fix this problem.

Bronze Contributor

It sounds like SQL server has gotten turned off.  Click on Start Run - then type in services.msc and hit enter.  Scroll down and look for the SQL Server (ACT7) instance.  It should say "started" - if it doesn't that's the problem..  Right click and tell it to start.  Some Windows updates will cause it to shut down and not auto restart.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!