Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message: could not load file or assembly 'stdole, version=7.0.3300.0, ...

Error Message: could not load file or assembly 'stdole, version=7.0.3300.0, ...

I'm a newbie to ACT!

Windows XP SP3

ACT! 2009

Linked to Outlook 2003, Word 2003

Repeatedly get the message: "ACT! could not load file or assembly 'stdole, version=7.0.3300.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the specified file." Seems to happen when I am doing something in Outlook but I am not sure it occurs consistently from a single action. I am just too unfamiliar with ACT! at this time to know what I'm doing or what it's trying to do.

It's the weekend and so I have not talked to support but I am also curious if anyone here has had the same problem and knows what it means. I looked through thread titles and the FAQs; missed this topic if it was included.

Thanks in advance, Comments? 

Re: Error Message: could not load file or assembly 'stdole, version=7.0.3300.0, ...

Follow the steps below to install stdole.dll.

- Go to C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows.

- Look for stdole.dll.  If its not there, you can get it from the CD (ACTSTD\program files\ACT\ActInstallDir).

- Then go to Start -> Run.  Type in assembly and click Ok.

- Drag n' drop stdole.dll into the assembly folder.

Re: Error Message: could not load file or assembly 'stdole, version=7.0.3300.0, ...

And what if it IS there?

I'm having exactly the same problem but Stdole.dll is happily sitting there.

Cheers 

Do the last two steps.