Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message - Server Thruw on Exception

Error Message - Server Thruw on Exception

this error was received while doing a mail merge- I found a fix for it BUT it says its SPECIFIC to Microsoft Outlook 2002 and I would be using Word 2007
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error Message - Server Thruw on Exception

Hello cee-jay,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Some questions:

- What version/build of ACT! are you using (from Help/About ACT!)?

- What is the exact and entire error message you are receiving?

- Does this also happen if you go to Write/Email Message (from template)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Grieg

the version is 11.1.183.0

the exact error message is: Server threw an exception (exception from HRESULT; ox80010105 m(R PC_E_SERVERFAULT)

I found a fix on line, it wants me to remove the ACT address book from outlook BUT it says its SPECIFIC  to microsoft outlook 2002 and I have 2007

Thank you

Platinum Elite Contributor

Go ahead a remove the ACT! address book. Follow these steps:

- In Outlook, remove the address book by going to Tools/Account Settings/Address Books...close Outlook and ACT! when done

- Turn off the Act! Outlook Service by opening your Task Manager, going to the Processes tab, and ending task on Act.Outlook.Service.exe

- Follow to steps in KB 13531 to remove the address books from the registry (click the hyperlinked section "Removing the Address Book from the Registry" at the top of the article)

- Reopen Outlook, and under the Help menu, run Office Diagnostics...close Outlook when done

- Open Windows Explorer, browse to C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows, locate the file Act.Outlook.Service.exe, and double-click it to turn this service back on

- Reopen ACT!, then Outlook and add the ACT! address book back (instructions are in KB 21428)

- Test mail merge

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.