Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message (SMTP)

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Error Message (SMTP)

Not too sure why this is occurring every time i sign into Windows. It would normally go away after closing it 5 times. I believe its something to do with ACT.

Act itself is actually working fine. Could someone help me out how to remove it? 

image001.png

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author KMyers
‎04-08-2016 02:51 AM
Administrator

Re: Error Message (SMTP)

This might be being caused by the Act Outlook service which runs at startup, however the root cause of this could likely be Act 2011 running on Windows 8.1, which is not a supported operating system for that version of Act.

You can see full compatibility listings in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi KMyers,

Please can you tell us what version of Act, Windows and Outlook you are currently running?

Hi Gary,

Sage ACT! Premium 2011

Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64

Outlook 2010

Solution
Accepted by topic author KMyers
‎04-08-2016 02:51 AM
Administrator

This might be being caused by the Act Outlook service which runs at startup, however the root cause of this could likely be Act 2011 running on Windows 8.1, which is not a supported operating system for that version of Act.

You can see full compatibility listings in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767

[ Edited ]

Alright thanks Gary. We will just put up with it for now as it only occurs on start up. At some point we will be considering upgrading or moving onto other software.

Many Thanks