Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message Installing ACT! Pro V18

Copper Contributor

Error Message Installing ACT! Pro V18

I'm trying to upgrade to ACT! Pro v18 and I got the following error.

"ACT! has detected that Microsoft Outlook 64-bit edition is installed. ACT! supports integration to the 32-bit edition of Microsoft Outlook, but not the 64-bit edition. To include MS Outlook as an option for email system integration, install the 32-bit version of Microsoft Office."

So my question is, can I click on OK and continue the install (I assume I can). If the installation will continue, I'm not sure what "integration" means. Does that mean that I will be unable to attach a copy of an email to a record or does it mean more? Will I be able to click on a contact's email address and have the address populated into an email but it would lack integration into the contact's record? 

Lastly, can I continue the install and switch to 32-bit MS Office edition and achieve integration later or do I need to switch first?

Thank you.

d

Silver Contributor

Re: Error Message Installing ACT! Pro V18

you can uninstall the 64 bit version of Office and reinstall 32 Bit install.  after you have done this, you can reinstall Act!.

FYI, v19 Act is advertised to support 64 bit office when it comes out early next year.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Jon, thank you so much for the reply.

If v19 will accommodate 64-bit, I think I'd rather wait for it. One of my questions was if I click an email address in v18 will an email window open with the address populated in the To field? I guess I can just install and try it.

Thanks again.

d

Silver Contributor

It should

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider